This is a favorite phrase used by the kids. Madelyn uses it all the time, "I have a good idea guys. Let's make it a game." The other morning while I was making breakfast I hear:
Madelyn: "Is that your horrible idea Andrew?"
Andrew: "No, it's your horrible idea."
Madelyn: "No, it's your horrible idea."
Which then continues for some time. Unfortunately, no one told me what a horrible idea it was to go to the zoo today. A friend and I decided it would be a great idea to take the kids to the zoo. They would LOVE that! Oh and even better admission is half off on Wednesday. Perfect!
In reality, what where we thinking? Going to the zoo during spring break, on their half price day. We started the day off by sitting in traffic for over two hours. The kids did surprisingly well. Especially considering that I put all the snacks in the very back of the car behind the seats. Yeah I'm pretty smart. But seriously it was supposed to be a 25 minute drive! Daniel only screamed for the last 10 minutes or so, and Madelyn and Andrew did great. I kept promising them snacks as soon as we parked the car. I finally get parked, unload the kids and decide to eat lunch in the back of the car while we wait for our friends, still stuck in traffic. While we are eating we hear things like, "We need to get 1500 cars in here." and "Who would wait two hours to get in the zoo?" WHAT?!?! One nice lady told me it was about a 30 minute walk to the front gate and then it was about an hour wait in line for tickets. We called it a day at that pointed loaded the kids up and went to McDonald's so they could play on the toys and get some ice cream.
Surprisingly I don't think my kids really feel like they missed out on anything. It probably helps that they don't really know what a zoo is. I still want them to go, so we'll have to try it again on a day when all of Texas isn't on spring break and headed to the zoo for half price admission.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yikes! It's amazing how many people have the same idea about going to the zoo.
Brennan also prefaces many statements with "I have a good idea..." I love it! He's never heard that an idea could be anything else though, such as horrible ;-)
Post a Comment