Saturday, November 7, 2009

Madelyn's 3

I am still having trouble believing that my baby girl is already 3! I'm just not ready for her to grow up yet. Madelyn is so much fun to have in our family and we just love her to pieces. She constantly keeps us guessing and she is 100% girly. This little girl loves anything and everything to do with being a girl. Unfortunately we already battle over what she is allowed to wear, she hates tights and leggys, but wants to wear a dress everyday even when it is freezing cold outside. We paint her fingernails almost daily and when they are chipped she wants them fixed immediately. She thinks she needs lip gloss to go to Church and has more than once told us, "I'm not done with my makeup" when we are ready to leave. I swear she doesn't get it from me. I've never been that girly.
Her birthday was a lot of fun (even if I thought it was a day later than it actually was). Aunt Leslie saved me and took her shopping for pink snow boots and out to lunch. Madelyn felt pretty special. It's no wonder Madelyn prefers Aunt Les to mom. She was very excited to get some new dolls, a new tutu, and of course some new dresses. Although, she is worried that her friends won't like one of them (no idea where that came from).
Her cake was of course a pink princess cake. She loved it and was even more excited when she found out she could play with the doll after we ate the cake. She keep thanking us all day for her "pink princess celebration" again I have no idea where she comes up with these things.

3 comments:

James and Danielle said...

Happy Birthday Maddie!

alisekelley said...

Happy Birthday Maddie! Looks like a fun day! The first message was from me by the way! I was signed in under my sister! Alise

Emily M said...

I love the pink princess cake. I got one of those once-- and it totally made the day. What a sweetie.