Thursday, September 22, 2011

First...

First day of Kindergarten!
Andrew was so excited to start kindergarten this year, excited to be all grown up and ride the school bus to school now.
Daniel was excited too, until he realized what was happening. He had a major melt down when we left Andrew at school and left for home. Keep saying, "My best friend, my best friend." Poor kid, he got over it eventually though. He does however, get up with Andrew at about 6:20 every morning and watch him get on the bus. Daniel still wants to ride the bus with Andrew but I have him convinced I need him to stay home and help with the new baby. Then he just wants the new baby to get here. Andrew has to get on the bus at 6:55 am. I thought it would be hard to get him out of bed every morning, but he is usually up and pulling me out of bed instead of the other way around. Unfortunaly, he hates being the first one on the bus and asks all the time if he can "please be the second kid on the bus." He spends just over 2 hours on the bus everyday. I feel bad for the kid, he was so excited for the bus and now he is starting to hate it. He is starting to make friends though and that makes the bus ride better.

First day of Preschool!
Madelyn has been looking forward to preschool for a year now. She is all grown up now and loving every minute of school. She refuses to let me walk her in because she is big enough to do it herself. The only thing that could make it better would be going every day.

First Dance Class!
Madelyn was supposed to get to start dance last year, but her mom was too slow and didn't get her signed up in time. This year we got her signed up for a class and she loves it. She loves her dance outfit and her ballet slippers. During her first lesson she was so serious and worked so hard to do everything that the teacher told her to do. She was concerned that she wasn't able to do everything as well as her teacher. We had to explain to her that she was taking dance lessons so that she could learn everything her teacher knows. That seemed to help and she was less worried, she actually relaxed and enjoyed her second lesson.

First Two-wheel Bike!
Andrew has mastered the two-wheel bike. He was so proud of himself. "Give me any bike, even one with only two-wheels, and I'll show you how to ride it." Now this is all he wants to do anymore. I've been trying to talk him into learning for awhile now. It didn't take the kid long when he finally decided it was worth his time and effort.
Daniel our little entertainer has found that it isn't terrible to be home alone with Mom when the other two are at school, no one to compete with for attention. He is very excited for the new baby, pretty sure that will change when she actually gets here. He loves to feel the baby move and it is one thing that he will actually sit still for longer than 2 minute for. He is always asking if we can, "get the baby out." I told him that he had to learn to do his own buckle on his car seat because I wouldn't be able to do it when the baby came. The next thing I hear from the backseat is "We go get the baby out now? I did my buckle!" I didn't think he would figure it out that quickly, but I love that he can buckle himself in now. I'm pretty sure I have him convinced that he is big enough for the baby to come, we are just waiting for the baby to grow big enough to come.

1 comment:

Heather Winegardner said...

Oh my goodness, you make the cutest kids... although they seem to be growing up awfully fast!