We had a great time camping with the Risenmay side of the family a few weeks ago. Unfortunately not everyone was able to come for the entire time but we did manage to get all 24 family members there at the same time for a little while.
I was a little nervous about sleeping in a tent with the kids. But they all did really well. Daniel even slept through the night. We started planning on spending one night and ended up staying for three. Andrew and Madelyn had a blast. They played "shot guns" or water guns, rode four wheelers and ate way too much junk food. Daniel spent lots of time in the pack n' play and his stroller. He was so tired of them both by the time we came home. I'm just too mean to let him crawl around in the dirt. Erica and James brought motorbikes and Karma and Kraig brought four wheelers so everyone had a good time with those, especially Madelyn and Andrew. They were constantly asking someone to take them for a ride. Leslie, Karma, and I tried out the motorbike for the first time, we all survived with minimal injury. Ryan spent some time fishing and Andrew caught his first fish. We have no picture of the event but that is probably for the best. Andrew cried because he caught the fish on the Madelyn's fishing pole instead of his. So every time someone asked him about catching his fish the only thing he had to say was that it wasn't his fishing pole it was Madelyn's. I believe there is talk of another family camping trip later this summer.
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Looks like you guys had a blast! I love how Andrew was mad that his fish was caught with Madelyn's fishing pole...he's so funny. I'm excited for the day we can go camping with 3 kids. :)
How Fun! It is too hot to camp here! We will have to do lunch! I will be there the middle of July! Brynlee would have a blast playing with your kids!
WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!?!?! We moved playgroup to Tuesdays at 10:00am for the summer.
Call me if you have any questions! We miss you.
520.5242
Post a Comment