This is Daniel's best little buddy, at least when Daniel isn't smacking him in the face. I just can't get over that they are almost the exact same size. Daniel is only 4 1/2 months OLDER than Kayleb, you would never guess it seeing them together, Daniel is just more mobile than Kayleb.
Madelyn and Andrew always want their towels over their heads when they get out of the tub. Then when it falls off it's pretty much the end of Madelyn's world. I saw this super easy pattern for putting a hood on towels, PERFECT!!! Madelyn and Andrew love them. Madelyn walked around with hers on for the entire day after I made it. She was very upset when Andrew told she was the pink witch. She is a little bit afraid of witches for some reason and this was not okay with her. She very adamantly informed him, at the top of her lungs, that it was her pink towel, NOT a witch!!! Andrew was upset for some reason the morning we took pictures so excuse the cry face.
It's been a long week. One last set of pictures. Poor little Daniel had his first trip to Redicare. I think this will be the first of many with this kid. He is constantly on the move and always into something. I really can't keep up with this kid. So on Saturday I was in town with Daniel, I came home put Daniel in the kitchen with Ryan and went to the car to get the groceries. I hear Ryan yelling at me to "come NOW!" I rush in, Ryan tells me Daniel is cut, I'm not terrible concerned at this point. I pick him up and go to the kitchen sink, Ryan is holding his thumb to Daniels palm. But we have no cold water in the kitchen right now, so we head to the bathroom, still I'm just thinking he has a little cut on his hand. Ryan is still walking with me holding Daniels palm, we get to the bathroom and he asks me if I'm ready for him to let go. I'm a little confused, not really understanding why he is asking me a question like that until he lets go and blood is everywhere. I tried to rinse it off, way too much blood. I immediately decide it is way too deep and tell Ryan we have to go to the emergency room, grab a towel wrap his hand up, yell up the stairs to Leslie, I live in her basement apartment, and we are out the door. During the 8 minute drive to Idaho Falls we decide Redicare is closer and can handle the problem, saved us a trip to that darn ER. I really hate the ER! He ended up with 5 stitches on the meaty part of his palm below the thumb. Of course it hasn't slowed the kid down at all. He keeps trying to pull off the bandaging, he's actually getting pretty good. I have to get more inventive to keep the thing covered and clean. So all this because he cut his hand on the oven door. There was a small pick of metal on the frame around the glass that was sticking out. He was standing below Ryan while he was cooking. Daniel caught his palm, probably has he was falling down. Andrew and Madelyn where very concerned as me and Ryan ran out the door with a screaming Daniel. I called Leslie while we were at Redicare to check on them. Andrew was worried that we had left "a piece" at home and we would need it so the Doctor could fix Daniel. I'm not really sure what he was talking about, but I'm guessing maybe he was concerned by the blood on the floor. That little palm bleed a lot. Unfortunately Ryan and I are sure this is the first of many such incidences with this kid. He's so darn sweet but he is full of trouble!
4 comments:
Sounds like Daniel had quite the ordeal! I wonder if it was the same day that Ian had to get 3 staples on his head? Last week was a bad week.
How are things going with you guys? If you are feeling up to it, come to playgroup at the city park on Thursday, we'd love to see you!
It's so sad when our babies get hurt!
I just had Asher at the Dr. for what turned out to be Bronchiolitis, and he sat there with quiet facination as they pricked his finger and collected blood, but screamed BLOODY MURDER if they tried to listen to his heart and when they took the chest xrays. How did Daniel do for the stitches?
Poor little guy. So I am excited that you moved back to Idaho, we are all settled(well..kind of) in Brigham City. Next time I come home, I will definitely come see ya. I am excited to meet your little Daniel. Can you believe they are almost a year old? It makes me want cry just thinking about it.
Sad-- he looks so sweet holding his bottle with the bandaged hand. Hope it's healed pretty well by now. Cute towels. Quite impressive! I don't know why I haven't seen your blog before, but I like it. We need to get together again....
Post a Comment