I am having very mixed feelings about the bunk beds in the boys room. Andrew has been sleeping on the bottom bunk for some time and little Dan has been happily sleeping in the crib. We finally made the decision to move our baby into a "big boy bed." I probably shouldn't admit this, but I'm a little sad to say I no longer need to use a crib. My littlest man is growing up way too fast, it makes me a little sad. The kids on the other hand love the beds. The beds were built by Ryan's dad when he was a little guy. We repainted them and they are good as new. We love them but we forgot to get a ladder when we inherited them from Grandma and Grandpa Black. Now Ryan gets to build one because Andrew can't quit make it up there on his own. Daniel loves his bed. I think he likes being one of the big kids instead of the baby.
Poor Madelyn has smashed her poor finger, always the same finger, twice in as many days. Her little finger was so swollen we poked a hole in her nail with a hot needle to let out some of the pressure. She wouldn't even use the hand, but after we got some of the fluid out it stopped bothering her so much. She's a tough little thing though. Well, that or she really hates band aids. She will stop crying and assure us it doesn't hurt, even with blood everywhere, just to avoid a band aide. Ryan was home with the kids when Madelyn came into the kitchen screaming and crying hysterically. He tried to get her to calm down enough to clean the finger up but she continued to cry until he told her she needed a band aid. Then the tears immediately stopped and everything was fine. Even though she was white as a sheet and shaking like a leaf. She let Ryan put the band aid on eventually, but she much prefers it now that we don't make her use one. She's crazy and we love her to pieces.
1 comment:
That's funny about the bunk beds because... we too set up the bunk bed (that used to be mine & sisters) but we don't have the ladder for it either, so Asher continues to sleep in the crib. I knew it would take us a looong time to get around to making our own ladder, but you can't find them to buy, even online. I can't believe Daniel is old enough to sleep in a bed! I've kept both our boys in cribs longer than most people it seems though.
Poor Maddy. The finger looks aweful! Most kids invent injuries so they CAN have a bandaid. I wonder why Maddy hates them so much. Silly girl.
Post a Comment