This year I was determined to take the kids to a pumpkin patch. So I did a little research and found one about 35 minutes away. We loaded up the kids Saturday morning and hit the road. I think it was a smashing success. Well, for the most part. There were plenty of pumpkins to see and Andrew loved sitting on the pumpkins to get his picture taken. The kids where also able to play in a hay house and a hay maze. The hay house was a much bigger hit than the hay maze. No surprise there, Madelyn loves little houses. Another big hit was the slide. Madelyn loved flying off the end, that girl is fearless. They loved the tractor and we had to drag them off so that other kids could have a turn on it, there was a line starting to form. The animals where a big disappointment. There was a single chicken, two pigs, and a rabbit. Andrew was less than impressed. It was at this point that he decided he was hot and he wanted to go home. It was really hot, so we took his advice and went home. We had hungry, hot, tired kids on the way home, but at least we can say we went to a pumpkin patch this year. All in all, the pumpkin patch was a fun outing and we'll probably repeat it again next year.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Wow. It was too hot?? I am cracking up here. Move back to the northwest! I have to wear a wool coat to go outside :-)
your kids are so dang cute! i love the pics of each of them with their head through the holes! so cute! you should frame them in one of those frames that has three pics and bring it out every halloween! super cute! you are such a great mom taking your kids to the pumpkin patch and the park! super mom! glad fall weather is on its way. it got super cold this week! no likey! anyway, ill post some pics of maddox at the pumpkin patch soon! have fun trick or treating, cant wait to see a post with all of your kids dressed up!
So cute! Ok super mom, I can't even make it to the pumpkin patch! Way to go. We need to see you soon. I told rob I might come during the week and then he can come for the weekend. How does next week sound? I have enrichment on the 4th i am in charge of but other than that I am super flexible.
Post a Comment